Our guest writer on the blog today is Amanda Tobias- GO Roofing Atlanta
It is truly the most wonderful time of the year! As the holidays are quickly approaching, a well maintained roof and groomed gutters will keep your holidays bountiful and bright.
To get the most out of your roof, it’s wise to take a more proactive approach which can extend the lifespan of your roof. An average lifespan of a roof is 15 years, but with these tips you could save years and money on your roof and gutters.
Here’s a proactive checklist for your roof system:
- Trim your trees. Kenny Rogers was right when he said, “Trim the trees, and wrap the presents and turn the Christmas music on” except this is our outside trees. Though large, mature trees create such a picturesque backdrop to your property, they can also create a significant threat to your roof. Especially as winter is just around the corner, those frozen tree branches could fall onto your roof and cause significant damage.
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts. If your gutters are clogged with leaves, water can pool on your roof and cause the roof and fascia to rot. Consider adding gutter guards if leaves and debris build up more often. If you find a lot of loose granules from asphalt shingles in your gutters, that’s a sign of severe wear, and it’s likely time to replace your roof. By clearing out your gutters, you’re preparing your home for the winter. Downspouts free of debris will ensure proper draining of the melting snow. This can prevent mold from forming inside the pipe, which could lead to rusting.
- Check flashing and caulking. Fixing any caulking or chimney flashing is a must before winter season. Any part of your roof that is vulnerable for water to seep in compromises your roof.
- Proper Insulation. Proper Insulation in your attic can prevent heat loss, which makes your home energy efficient. It also prevents the formation of ice dams by keeping your shingles cool.
- Get a roof inspection. A professional service is in the best position to inspect your roofing and fix the issues before the winter season begins. They will inspect the overall condition of the shingles and any areas where there could be potential leaking. GO Roofing Atlanta, a local family owned roofing company, provides free roof inspections.
A good investment this winter is to keep your roof in tip-top condition and ensure that you catch small concerns before they cause problems. We want to cruise through this winter enjoying the things that matter most, our loved ones.
GO Roofing Atlanta is a family owned business that specializes in residential roofing, commercial roofing and gutter replacements. We are one of the most trusted roofing companies in Metro Atlanta. Our strong family values show in every facet of our business. With GO Roofing Atlanta, you always have a Friend in the Roofing Business.
Call Amanda Tobias at (678) 668 9759 with GO Roofing Atlanta for a free winter roof inspection.
Lee Ann is a member of Women’s Council of Realtors – Cobb and Cobb Association of Realtors. She is a top producer with Dorsey Alston Realtors specializing in the East Cobb market and Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
Lee Ann Wynns, Realtor®