With everything on the news about COVID-19, I’ve had a lot of people asking me if I’m still working or not. Yes! I’m actively working with clients who want and need to buy or sell real estate.
It’s “sort of” business as usual. And by that I mean I am approaching my daily interactions and travel with more thought and care to be sure to adhere to the social distancing precautions to keep us all safe. And of course, working within the guidelines set by my broker, local board of realtors, and government agencies.
Here is how and where I am working right now:
- Face-to-face meetings are brief and only if necessary, Zoom and FaceTime are great options now.
- Our brokerage office remains closed. I converted our kid’s old gaming room into my home office, complete with printer, shredder, scanner, the works…love it!
- I keep social distancing guidelines in place and wear a mask if we have to meet face-to face.
- I am prepared to do almost everything remotely, so we have been able to keep face-to- face interactions to a minimum.
- Buyers are screened to ensure they are pre-qualified. This is not the time for casual lookers.
- We conduct virtual open houses and they have been hugely successful.
We are constantly updating our practices to provide safe showings. See the information below to see what is sent to the buyer’s agent before a showing. This is posted in every listing, as well.
Thank You for Your Visit Today
Thank you for your visit today. During this time our showing practices have changed to protect both you and the homeowner. The seller and/or listing agent has taken the following steps to eliminate the need to touch surfaces throughout the home:
- All of the doors are open including a sampling of cabinet doors.
- All of the lights in the home are turned on.
- Wipes, hand sanitizer, gloves and booties (when available) are here for your use when entering and leaving the home.
Please wipe down any surfaces that you touch during the showing.
- Please maintain social distancing of 6 feet at all times.
- Please do not use the restrooms.
- Communicate with the Realtor regarding the locking of exterior doors.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time.
Please reach out if you want to discuss your real estate needs now or for a future time.
Lee Ann is a member of Women’s Council of Realtors – Cobb and Cobb Association of Realtors. She is a top producer with Dorsey Alston Realtors specializing in the East Cobb market
Lee Ann Wynns | East Cobb Realtor®
DORSEY ALSTON, REALTORS®